Department function :
To carry out all in line steel tube and hardware welding activities as required in order to achieve the objectives of the contract in to meet the clients specification and DUCO ‘s quality systems and technical procedures.
Main function of job :
All project based welding duties in the following disciplines TIG,MIG MMA. This includes tie welding to final hardware and offline welding activities.
In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required
Main duties (in order of priority)
- In line welding activities to Subsea and Topside hardware
- Bench welding of retention collar tube piece sections
- Testing to client specifications in accordance with 6G ASME 9 standard
- Assist the applications engineers in hardware assembly and testing during periods of low welding activities
- Monitor progress as relevant to the Applications department through the factory and reporting to the Applications supervisor highlighting any issues.
- Working to instructions applicable to welding activities i.e. job sheets, technical specifications ,procedures and manufacturing instructions
- Carry out safety tours and inspections as required by company QHS E policy and report any unsafe acts/ conditions. Support internal departments as necessary in the resolution of problems ,identification procedures, the close out of NCR’S to enable continuity and progress against the project schedule to be achieved.
- Liaise with the supervisor to identify, agree, plan and co ordinate welding activities, resources and equipment needs
- Identify and introduce improvements into the welding process
The individual performance and assessment criteria shall be established during the annual appraisal assessment between the employing Manager and jobholder.
Objectives and targets shall be assigned during the appraisal interview that the job holder has to achieve in order to demonstrate competent performance.
There are no supervisory responsibilities attached to this position
Health Safety responsibilities
All personnel are responsible to ensure their compliance with HS Management Systems in accordance with the principles, objectives and targets of the company’s policy and in compliance with statutory provisions, taking account the complexity and business risks involved in operations.
Tools Equipment used
Welding set,Grinders,Wachs facing tool, prepping tools,various gasses including argon nitrogen and specshield
Working conditions/degree of effort required
Normal factory environment, however some outside work is necessary
Time served welding apprenticeship.
Qualification as per DUCO standards
Experience in welding of steel tube pipework