Our Client is a total engineering solution, specialising in precision machined, high integrity fabrications, comfortably handling repeat batches of components through to bespoke, large scale fabricated structures
Working as part of a large welding team you will be welding steel pipe and plate work for the fabrication of Oil Gas and Structural steelwork.
6GR Coded Welder with GSFCAW (Full flux core).
- The interpretation of fabrication drawings weld procedure documentation and weld inspection procedures
- Ensure that the welding consumables are in accordance with the welding procedures have been stored correctly and are maintained as required during fabrication.
- Carry out the welding operation in accordance with the correct weld procedure and current work instructions.
- Liaise with inspectors as required
- Be responsible for the accuracy and content of their own work
- Quality safety helath and environmental awareness (e.g. responsible for own and others safety
- Be responsible for general good house keeping and safe working practices in the workshop and on facility.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Previous coded welding experience and an ability to perform a successful ASME IX production welding test.
- Experience within Oil Gas or construction.
- An understanding of company quality, safety, health environmental systems programmes
- Communicate in a positive manner with shop floor personnel and discipline supervisor.
- Completed a recognised training programme e.g. time served apprenticeship
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- As dictated by process requirements
- Overhead pendant crane desirable
- Codings as required
- MEWP Desirable
- Site Safety Passport desirable