Our client has a position available for an experienced Workshop Supervisor to join their team. They have built a reputation for taking on large heavy steel fabrication projects and delivering quality work on time.
This role reports to the Workshop Manager and works along side another Workshop Supervisor and Quality Control Officer – we require a team player.
Key aspects of this role include leading and training workers, ensuring work is completed in a safe manner, ensuring budgeted hours for jobs are not exceeded, reviewing work quality and generally organising groups of boilermakers and welders to ensure successful delivery of projects to clients.
This position requires an ASAP start and will suit locally based applicants.
• 5 years plus experience as a supervisor in a busy heavy engineering fabrication workshop
• Proven ability to work to tight budgets and time frames
• Trade or equivalent qualifications as boilermaker
• Strong working knowledge of MIG welding procedures and ability to interpret engineering drawings
• Ability to lead and direct boilermaker s and welders to ensure that jobs are delivered on time
• Direct workers to work safely
• Long term and secure work for the right person
• A company structure that can allow opportunity for promotion
• Generally there is plenty of overtime available
• Start casual, after 3 months performance and suitability will be reviewed with opportunity to go permanent with our client
If this job sounds like you then please email your resume to us via the apply tab.
Phone: 02 4967 7510