DUCO Ltd, part of the Technip Umbilical Systems family, engineers and manufactures bespoke umbilical systems for the offshore oil and gas industry, providing power and communications between subsea equipment and offshore platforms.
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, with facilities in the USA, Angola and Malaysia, we offer fantastic career opportunities in a variety of engineering and technical disciplines. We look for proactive, creative and dynamic individuals with an appetite for achieving results and building a career with one of the Oil and Gas industry’s leading organisations.
We place a strong focus on teamwork and the ability to build relationships with people at all levels. In return we offer first class benefits packages, training and development opportunities, and the potential to grow and make a positive contribution within a truly global organisation.
All project based welding duties in the following disciplines TIG,MIG MMA. This includes tie welding to final hardware and offline welding activities.
Job Roles, include but are not limited to:
- In line welding activities to Subsea and Topside hardware
- Bench welding of retention collar tube piece sections
- Testing to client specifications in acccordance with 6G ASME 9 standard
- Assist the applications engineers in hardware assembly and testing during periods of low welding activities
- Monitor progress as relevant to the Applications department through the factory and reporting to the Applications supervisor highlighting any issues.
- Working to instructions applicable to welding activities i.e. job sheets,technical specifications ,procedures and manufacturing instructions
- Carry out safety tours and inspections as required by company QHS E policy and report any unsafe acts/ conditions. Support internal departments as necessary in the resolution of problems ,identification procedures, the close out of NCR’S to enable continuity and progress against the project schedule to be achieved.
- Liase with the supervisor to identiify, agree, plan and co ordinate welding activities, resources and equipment needs
- Identify and introduce improvements into the welding process
- Time served welding apprentiship.
- Experience of super duplex, pipe welding and TIG welding
- Qualification as per DUCO standards
- This is a shift position
External applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and state eligibility status at application stage. Failure to disclose this will mean your application will not be considered.
A full flexible benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Training and Development
- Sponsorship of Professional Membership
NO AGENCIES PLEASE – IF WE WANT YOUR ASSISTANCE WE WILL CONTACT YOU