DUCO Ltd, part of the Technip Umbilical Systems family, engineers and manufactures bespoke umbilical systems for the offshore oil and gas industry, providing power and communications between subsea equipment and offshore platforms.
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, with facilities in the USA, Angola and Malaysia, we offer fantastic career opportunities in a variety of engineering and technical disciplines. We look for proactive, creative and dynamic individuals with an appetite for achieving results and building a career with one of the Oil and Gas industry’s leading organisations.
We place a strong focus on teamwork and the ability to build relationships with people at all levels. In return we offer first class benefits packages, training and development opportunities, and the potential to grow and make a positive contribution within a truly global organisation.
The administration and coordination of all aspects of the Welding Engineering function across all TUS sites: Duco Ltd, Duco Inc, Angoflex and Asiaflex.
Global Applications Manager
Job Roles, including but not limited to:
- Providing welding engineering consultancy services to customers, to include both internal project teams and clients, for all TUS units
- Liaise with customers and third parties on all aspects of welding procedures, welding qualifications and welder qualifications as necessary.
- Assist with the management of on-site welding subcontractor welding procedures and welder qualifications.
- Assume responsibility for welding related development work, welding trials and improvements.
- Liaise with QC department in all welding related matters, NDT and weld data logs.
- Preparation and review of all welding procedures, standards and specifications, including those of sub-contractors
- Delivering technical projects, including reports, to customers on programmes of work in the field of welding and/or materials engineering
- Providing welding engineering consultancy to other groups in the company, including input into failure investigations carried out
- Give presentations to and participate in technical meetings with clients
- Contribute towards the safety and wellbeing of all team members by continually promoting, developing and reaffirming companies Health and Safety management system to create and maintain an Incident Injury Free environment
- Contribute toward department improvement initiatives, in safety, quality and efficiency
- Diploma in welding engineering as a minimum or degree in Metallurgy or Materials Science
- Competent in developing weld procedure documents packages including PWPS, WPS, PQR for exotic metals (upper duplex, 316, etc) TIG manual / Orbital techniques.
- Experienced in interpreting welding and mechanical testing related specifications and standards.
- NDT experience in the most common disciplines would be beneficial
- Due to the Nature of the role, traveling to other TUS sites is a requirement.
External applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and state eligibility status at application stage. Failure to disclose this will mean your application will not be considered.
A full flexible benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Training and Development
- Sponsorship of Professional Membership
NO AGENCIES PLEASE – IF WE WANT YOUR ASSISTANCE WE WILL CONTACT YOU