Deliver maintenance excellence for well known national rail business
Pacific National (PN) is one of Australia’s largest rail providers. We handle and haul millions of tonnes of agricultural and resource commodities, retail goods, manufacturing products, construction and other materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We employ around 4000 people in over 100 sites across Australia. Join our team as we continue to strive to become market leaders in logistic services that connect businesses and their markets across Australia.
An opportunity exists within our NSW Asset and Infrastructure Services Maintenance Delivery Team for an experienced Workshop/Site Manager for our purpose built, off train wagon maintenance facility in Newcastle. This facility is integral to the successful delivery of PNâs daily customer service plan across the wider Hunter Valley and North West rail network. The Workshop/Site Manager is responsible for the overall safety and performance on site through the leadership of a team of approximately 20 shift workers and team leaders performing maintenance activities as well as managing incident response and controlling site visitors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of front line maintainers to safely deliver planned and reactive repairs and improvement programs including structural repairs, routine overhauls and inspections to rolling stock on time and within budget
- Participate as a key member on NSW Maintenance Management Leadership Team
- Liaise with Integrated planning and operations to ensure availability and reliability targets are met
- Ensure compliance to safety, quality and rail standards for maintenance and inspection of rolling stock
- Develop work shop team with high performance, continuous improvement and customer service focus
- Implement innovations to improve cycle times
- Develop workshop capability and flexibility of services
To be successful in this role, you will have a mechanical background with strong knowledge of structural welding, metal working and repair procedures to Australian Welding standards. This background will enable you to provide technical support, training and supervision for repairs, as well as to develop and optimise processes to ensure relevant quality standards. You will have a proven track record in developing high performance work teams, ideally within a heavy maintenance and industrialised environment. Accustomed to working within high risk and regulated requirements, you will have the energy, agility and capability to motivate your team to achieve safety and performance targets whilst fostering a positive and collaborative workplace culture.
In addition you will possess:
- Financial management skills with commercial nous;
- A working knowledge of relevant industrial laws, including OHS legislation, as well as demonstrated conflict management, negotiation and problem solving skills;
- Strong planning , coordination, project management and optimisation of work skills with a process improvement focus;
- Tertiary or Diploma qualifications in a Reliability, Engineering, Operations or Logistics discipline will be highly regarded as will any qualifications in Lean manufacturing and Asset management and experience with Reliability Centred Maintenance Strategies.
Our culture embraces diversity and flexible work options. Working for us will put you in a strategic position with your career, with opportunities for growth and development along with financial and non financial benefits, such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We’re looking for people who share our values of Safety, People Teamwork, Customer and Performance, and live these values through open and honest communications, personal accountability and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday, 21st May.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about careers with us, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday – Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.