Boilermaker Apprentice – 1st Year
- Respected Australian specialist manufacturer
- Kick-start your trade career
- Immediate start for successful candidate
This full-time opportunity will allow you to complete a Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade via an apprenticeship of 4 years’ duration. You will gain valuable hands-on experience, skills and support and have the potential to secure a long-term career with this industry leading host employer.
Your role will see you assisting and working with tradesmen to learn all aspects of the boilermaking trade including the welding and fabrication of steel pipes, fittings and structures, using a wide range of tools and workshop machines (such as drills, grinders, clamps, benders and lifting equipment), the use of thermal cutting equipment, working from detailed drawings and specifications, measuring and marking out jobs and aligning and fixing steel components together through welding, bolting or riveting.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for motivated and hardworking applicants who are serious about getting a highly sought-after trade qualification and are committed to developing their career within the fabrication industry. Migas is an equal opportunity employer searching for female, male, Indigenous, and entry level applicants.
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Hold a current driver’s licence with your own transport to and from work
- Have a good comprehension of English and Mathematics
- Have a positive attitude, attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Be reliable for full-time hours and overtime as required
- Be dedicated to following all WHS policies and procedures
- Be committed to attending TAFE and passing all theory and practical training modules
Our premier host employer has been specialising in the manufacture of mild steel cement lined pipes and fittings for the water industry for over 25 years. They pride themselves on providing competitive, comprehensive and custom solutions for their customers with all works done in-house at their Rutherford-based facility.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role/s. To enquire about this role or other currently advertised positions phone our recruitment team on 1300 464 427.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.