- Respected Australian-based heavy engineering and construction company
- Kick start your career in construction
- Immediate starts for successful candidates
This full-time opportunity will allow you to complete a Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade via an apprenticeship of 4 years’ duration. You will gain valuable hands-on experience, skills and support and have the potential to secure a long-term career with this industry leading host employer.
Boilermakers produce metal fabricated products such as structures, frames, plate assemblies, pipe-work and vessels using tools, welding and thermal cutting equipment and fabrication techniques. Welds are undertaken to pre-determined standards and may be tested for compliance to required standards. Boilermakers use a wide range of hand and hand held power tools and workshop machines such as drills, grinders, clamps, benders and lifting equipment.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for motivated and hardworking applicants who are serious about getting a highly sought-after trade qualification and are committed to developing their career within the fabrication industry. You will be ready to take on challenging physical work in a sometimes demanding environment and have a ‘safety first’ attitude. Migas is an equal opportunity employer searching for female, male, Indigenous, and entry level applicants.
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Hold a current driver’s licence with your own transport to and from work
- Have a good comprehension of English and Mathematics
- Have a positive attitude, attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Be reliable for full-time hours Monday – Friday and regular overtime
- Be dedicated to following all WHS policies and procedures
- Be committed to attending TAFE and passing all theory and practical training modules
Our premier host employer, based in Tomago, is a multi-disciplined heavy engineering and construction services provider to the oil and gas, metals and minerals, infrastructure and defence markets. They pride themselves on delivering high quality service to their clients and are focused on developing their solid reputation for project delivery, while promoting a positive safety culture, a high expectation for quality and environmental awareness.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role/s. To enquire about this role or other currently advertised positions phone our recruitment team on 1300 464 427.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.