Veolia Australia New Zealand (Veolia) is the only global company to provide a full range of environmental services in the fields of water solutions, waste management solutions and energy solutions.
With the global expertise gained from serving the environment for more than 150 years, Veolia operates in more than 40 countries around the world, with well over a hundred sites and approximately 4000 employees in Australia.
Veolia, being at the centre of this century’s biggest challenges, offers opportunities to make a difference, for your career and also for the environment and our community. In Australia and New Zealand, Veolia works with heavy industry, retail and commercial businesses, governments and communities to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions that are needed today, with the vision required for tomorrow.
Veolia is seeking an Diesel Mechanic to join our team based at Cameron Park. Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, the successful applicant for this position will be responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing vehicles and equipment in a timely manner, to ensure the operating needs of the business are met.
- Perform repair and maintenance of compactors, containers and equipment in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Perform detailed inspections of vehicles and equipment and correct equipment deficiencies and perform preventive maintenance on company owned equipment.
- Perform fabrication and repair component parts.
- Identify and repair or report worn or failed components, etc.
- Maintain accurate records (time, repair orders and parts usage) on computer.
- Follow administrative procedures for completion of DVR’s as instructed
- Complete service forms, brake forms and other paperwork accurately and legibly in accordance with company guidelines
- Record any comments or issues that may require further investigation.
Inform Supervisor and/or Manager accordingly
- Monitor the condition of materials and equipment to ensure they are ready for safe use
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Have a strong commitment to health and safety at all times
- Trade qualification as a diesel mechanic and have the ability to provide evidence of your qualification
- Good mechanical aptitude with basic knowledge of welding and fabrication
- Some experience within a maintenance related fields performing troubleshooting, repair and maintenance on compactors, containers, and related equipment is advantageous
- Ability to troubleshoot and make repairs to basic wiring, control wiring and hydraulic systems.
- Experienced in MIG/TIG Welding and Oxy-cutting is desired
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Full driver’s licence HR is preferable.
- Forklift licence would be an advantage
- Flexibility in shift roster
- Technicians must be capable of working independently and are required to travel to customer locations.
This position presents as an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-minded individual with a genuine desire to succeed. In return for your skills, experience and commitment we offer an attractive remuneration package including staff benefits, a great working environment and a chance to gain experience within a global organisation.
As part of the recruitment process, candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and other relevant background checks.
Veolia Australia New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer.