· Australia’s largest truck and trailer repair business
· Gain a Certificate 3 in Automotive Body Repair Technology – Heavy Vehicle
· Newcastle Location
The benefits of working with this business:
MEGT (Australia) Ltd makes Apprenticeships and Traineeships happen. If you are looking at starting your career, an Apprenticeship is a great way to receive training and skills while you are working.
Our client is a family owned business that was established in 1944, and now are Australia’s largest truck and trailer repair business. Our client provides specialist repair services to the heavy trans
Objectives of the role:
In this role, you will primarily work in a large on site workshop, with approximately 40 trades persons and apprentices to learn from and work with.
Your duties will include and not be limited to:
- Smash repairs on Heavy Vehicles
- Remove and refit components
- Repair and replace vehicle body panels
- Fiberglass and plastic repairing
- Aluminum and MIG welding
- Use of hand and power tools
Key selection criteria:
To be considered for this opportunity you must have;
· Basic understanding of mechanics and demonstrate an interest in this field
· Relevant work experience or studied relevant subjects at School
· Strong communication skills and work well within a team
· C Class Licence (Ideal, but not essential)
You will undertake a 4 year Apprenticeship and attend TAFE week blocks to obtain this qualification. The first stage of the selection process will involve a phone interview, and only successful applicants will be contacted. Final interview stage will be an onsite interview with the employer, and incorporate a small practical element related to the role.
The successful applicant will also be required to complete a full medical examination including drug and alcohol testing.
To apply for this position, please send your covering letter and resume by pressing on the below ‘Apply for this job’
Applications close 5.00pm on the 25 November 2016.
Own car required:
Working with children certification required:
Police check required:
Designated Indigenous and Torres Strait only role:
Designated for people with a disability only: