Heavy Vehicle/Plant Tradesperson – Asphalt (Thornton)
Boral is a leading full service supplier of asphalt and technical materials for the surfacing and maintenance of road networks. The division has plants throughout Australia and is a leading supplier to road building and critical public and private construction projects.
Boral Asphalt NSW is seeking a motivated and responsible heavy vehicle/Plant Tradesperson, based at our Thornton workshop.
Reporting to the Asset Supervisor, the successful candidate will be involved in the maintenance program on fixed and mobile equipment.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Prompt action and close out of safety issues affecting the workplace
- Work to maintenance/repair schedules
- Complete maintenance documentation
- Field service work which will include fault finding and repair of mechanical, hydraulic and 12/24v electrical systems
The type of candidate we are seeking will have:
- A mechanical trade certificate in heavy transport or plant diesel mechanics (essential)
- A valid drivers licence (essential )
- Welding Qualifications (desirable)
- Experience in Heavy Vehicle and/or Plant Maintenance
- Sound knowledge and experience in hydraulics and basic auto electrics
- MVRIC license highly regarded
- Self motivated and able work unsupervised.
- Able to work overtime as required
- Good knowledge of workplace safety
- Good communication and basic computer skills
If you are interested in this role please press APPLY now or visit http://careers.boral.com.au