WorleyParsons is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, empowered global engineering design project services group employing over 31,400 people across 46 countries. With a recognised global reputation as a provider of professional services to the energy, resources and complex process industries, WorleyParsons continues to push the boundaries and extend its capabilities around the world. Headquartered in Australia, we are a global company that prides itself on providing safe and high quality services that exceed our clients’ expectations.
We are currently seeking an experienced Lead Engineer (Mechanical/Structural) to join our Australia East Operations. This is a site based role in Newcastle, NSW where you will be responsible for the smooth coordination of multiple work fronts on a large aluminium smelter. Essential to this will be your input and guidance in relation to safe work procedures, technical guidance, design, execution and approval on projects partnering with the client to deliver successful projects that will not only meet, but exceed expectations.
Key duties/responsibilities will include:
- To ensure the successful provision of Mechanical Structural engineering and design services to both TAC Engineering Alliance and directly to the Client including effective and immediate response to identified structural and mechanical issues across the operating smelter.
- To work closely with the Alliance Lead Electrical Engineer and the Alliance Manager Minor Projects to ensure engineering design services provided to and by the TAC Engineering Alliance are in accordance with the required practices of WorleyParsons and are well defined and articulated with the Alliance Operating Manual (AOM).
- Ensure engineering design services provided to and by the TAC Engineering Alliance are effective, fit for purpose, cost efficient and within the governance, quality, safety in design and engineering processes of the Alliance and as defined within the AOM.
- Act as the Alliance focal point and with the Lead Electrical Engineer to ensure the Alliance is fully engaged and represented with the relevant Engineering and Discipline committees and communities of practice ensuring identified compliance and best practices and quality measures (eg. Peer Review Requirements) are identified and successfully achieved.
- Engage and direct external mechanical and Structural engineering resources to effectively deliver the Structural Asset management inspections and support program and requirements of the Alliance in delivery of project. To undertake and support other project delivery / coordination activities as may be required within capabilities and skill set.
- Engineering and design development, as well as problem solving, field inspections, audits, scope development, estimates.
Key requirements include:
To be considered for this position you will hold the relevant qualifications (Mechanical or Structural Engineering Degree) along with significant technical and field /site experience, ideally within an industrial/maintenance environment. You will have a proven ability to plan and schedule activities, as well as experience in budget preparation and cost control. Effective communication, contractor management, quality assurance and safety environmental leadership are intrinsic to this position. Your experience will be supported by strong overall understanding mechanical and structural principles. More specifically an understanding of pumps, piping, pressure vessels, welding, furnaces and concrete structures will be beneficial. However as a large component of the work is associated with Structural design and site conditions, an experienced Structural engineer will be equally considered.
General attributes required of all WorleyParsons employees include: Zero Harm, Action Orientation, Building Effective Relationships, Commitment, Customer Focus, Dealing with Change, Drive for Results, Integrity and Trust and Leadership Skills.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it
‘s time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with WorleyParsons.