- Located in Lisarow
- Forklift Licence -Essential
- WHS Card- Essential
- Drivers licence and own vehicle required
- PAID to continue studying a Certificate III Engineering– Fabrication Trade
Central Coast Group Training is the Coast’s leading employer of Apprentices and Trainees and has been in operation for over 32 years.
Our host employer has been established since 1969, they are a third generation family business that is committed to providing the quality of product and service that makes every project unique and functional. They offer a friendly and professional manufacturing service to their wholesale client’s right across Australia. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to complete their trade.
Duties within this position will include but will not be limited to:
- Perform welding duties using wire welding GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), Or SMAW (Stick Welding).
- Weld steel components with welding equipment as specified by procedures, layouts, diagrams, work orders, or oral instructions. Welds range from simple tacks to complex welds performed in varying positions.
- Set-up, laying out work to be modified or fabricated utilizing the workshop equipment.
- Operate and/or use related equipment and tools which include forklifts, hoists, and slings, grinders, cutting torches, hand tools and drills.
- Keep equipment operational by completing preventative maintenance requirements; follow the manufacturer’s instructions; call for repairs and complete check sheets.
- Participate in process and product development and improvement.
- Perform or assist in other assigned duties as qualified.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks or positions in the company outside of or in addition to primarily-assigned position or work area.
- Perform work safely in accordance with all company safety policies, procedures, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements
As the successful candidate you will be able to work within a fast paced factory environment producing quality products with small lead time. You will also be polite, willing to learn, show initiative and be self thinking.
This position is 38 hours per week, Monday-Friday working 7am – 3:06pm with overtime when required.
As part of this apprenticeship you will be PAID to continue studying a Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade through OFF the job training at Gosford TAFE.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 12:00pm Thursday 17th September 2015
To apply for this position please visit Central Coast Group Training’s website and click on the position, followed by “Apply Now” to submit your details.
Skills: Forklift Operator, Driver – Forklift, Metal Fabricator, Fabricator, Forklift Driver, Drivers License – P1, Forklift Licence, OHS White Card