Deliver operational excellence for well known national rail business
Pacific National (PN) is one of Australia’s largest rail providers. We handle and haul millions of tonnes of agricultural and resource commodities, retail goods, manufacturing products, construction and other materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We employ around 4000 people in over 100 sites across Australia. Join our team as we continue to strive to become market leaders in logistic services that connect businesses and their markets across Australia.
An opportunity exists within our NSW Asset and Infrastructure Services Maintenance Delivery Team for an experienced Site Manager for our purpose built, off train wagon maintenance facility in Newcastle. This facility is integral to the successful delivery of PN’s daily customer service plan across the wider Hunter Valley and North West rail network. The Site Manager is responsible for the overall safety and performance on site through the leadership of a team of approximately 20 shift workers and team leaders performing maintenance activities as well as managing incident response and controlling site visitors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the safety, environmental and maintenance service performance on site to ensure safe compliant operations.
- Manage the Off train Wagon maintenance activities and incident response for the NSW Northern Operations as required.
- Manage and develop employee performance to create a positive high performance workplace culture and the delivery of efficient and effective maintenance including structural repairs, special projects as well as routine overhauls, inspections and breakdowns.
- Manage the Site based AIS Maintenance Delivery team to meet the customer service plan
- Champion a service based culture and foster relationships with operations
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives aimed at successful delivery of financial outcomes as budgeted to contribute the future growth and sustainability of the business
- Empower the team to develop safe and efficient work methods and raise team engagement for improved performance and service
To be successful in this role, you will have a mechanical background with strong knowledge of structural welding, metal working and repair procedures to Australian Welding standards. This background will enable you to provide technical support, training and supervision for repairs, as well as to develop and optimise processes and procedures to ensure relevant quality standards. You will have a proven track record in developing and leading high performance work teams, ideally within a heavy maintenance and industrialised environment. Accustomed to working within high risk and regulated requirements, you will have the energy, agility and capability to motivate your team to achieve safety and performance targets whilst fostering a positive and collaborative workplace culture.
In addition you will possess:
- Financial management skills with commercial nous;
- A working knowledge of the relevant industrial laws, including the OHS legislation and regulations, as well as demonstrated conflict management, negotiation and problem solving skills;
- Strong planning, coordination, project management and optimisation of work skills with a process improvement focus;
- Sound understanding of Safety Management Systems and application within organisations;
- Tertiary or Diploma qualifications in a Reliability, Engineering, Operations or Logistics discipline will be highly regarded as will any qualifications in Lean manufacturing and Asset management.
- Experience with Reliability Centred Maintenance Strategies.
Our culture embraces diversity and flexible work options. Working for us will put you in a strategic position with your career, with opportunities for growth and development along with financial and non financial benefits, such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We’re looking for people who share our values of Safety, People Teamwork, Customer and Performance, and live these values through open and honest communications, personal accountability and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close at 5pm on 2nd March, 2017.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about careers with us, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday – Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.