We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Workshop Rebuilds Project Manager to join our Longwall overhauls team based at the Hunter Valley Facility in Rutherford, NSW. This role is responsible for leading significant overhaul projects within the organisation’s Operations team and will provide supervision, coordination and advice to a multidisciplinary team that includes project supervisors, engineering professionals and support staff working on significant Longwall projects for our customers.
Key responsibilities within this role will be to:
- Implement systems to ensure efficiency in areas such as project planning, scheduling, budgeting and execution
- Manage all aspects of the project to ensure timely completion and delivery against stated objectives.
- Participate in safety and risk analysis manufacturing reviews
- Participate in post project reviews
- Allocate, monitor and control financial resources
- Administer executed contracts, variations and closures
To be successful in this position you will ideally possess the following:
- A solid understanding of the principles underpinning project management;
- Formal Project Management certification from PMI or another recognized professional body;
- Experience in leading multi-disciplined and complex projects;
- Previous exposure to managing projects within the Mining or similar heavy industries;
- Experience in either Mechanical or Electrical engineering disciplines, with postgraduate qualifications highly regarded;
- Exposure to areas such as fabrication, hydraulics, machine design, welding, electrics or automation; and
- The ability to travel throughout New South Wales to support our extensive customer base.
This role reports into Operations and requires you to work autonomously and with a high level of collaboration across the business so as to ensure the successful completion of all Joy Global projects.
Back to the list of open positions