General Manager – Machining and Fabrication – Mt Isa
- Machining/fabrication workshop management
- Business development and strategic planning
- Drive profitability and growth
Based in Mount Isa it is part of a larger privately owned group. It employs a staff of about 60 and offers industry engineering drafting and design, fabrication and machining services including plate rolling, welding, horizontal and line boring, turning and milling, fitting and site work and rotable spares capabilities.
YOUR PRIMARY FUNCTION
Overall management of the organisation, driving strategic development and growth consistent with the emerging needs of its customers and corporate profitability targets.
Providing a service that delights customers by achieving workflow efficiency and delivery of work.
Leading and managing people from a strategic leadership role to optimize productivity and create a safe equitable and rewarding workplace
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Maintaining regular oversight of the manufacturing operation.
- Maintaining regular contact with major customers and developing new and existing business.
- Developing, refining and delivering long-term, strategic plans
- Providing safety leadership with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Working with the manufacturing management team regarding key issues and requisite corrective actions.
- Managing performance issues.
- Ensuring top quality products and services are available as required.
- Managing the company’s financial performance (business governance, risk management processes and financial reporting in line with statutory obligations).
- Working closely with and accountable to the Board of Directors.
- An experienced General Manager to lead the team in a fabrication and machining shop with about 60 employees.
- The ability to work at all levels from the shop floor to the boardroom.
- A working knowledge of machining and fabrication methods.
- Continuous improvement / lean manufacturing experience .
- An overriding commitment to health, safety and environmental management.
- Experience in a management role with total responsibility for driving the manufacturing process and the financial success of a business unit.
- The ability to provide leadership, build team skills, develop strategy, set objectives, write and deploy business plans, develop and lead the management team and be able to manage the company as if it was your own.
- An established track record in a medium to heavy “jobbing” fabrication and machining environment.
- High level written and oral communication skills.
- Appropriate technical (trade or tertiary) qualifications (additional Business qualifications will be highly regarded).
- Run the business with autonomy in Mount Isa. Put your mark on the operation and be well rewarded. Note that this is NOT a fly in fly out role. You must be prepared to live in Mount Isa.
THE REMUNERATION PACKAGE
- Attractive base salary, area allowance, bonus and fully maintained vehicle.
You must be either an Australian Citizen or a holder of an Australian Permanent Residency Visa to be eligible to apply for this position.