Our Newcastle-upon-Tyne office is looking for an exception Quality Assurance Engineer to contribute to our exciting range of projects. We are currently involved with and have delivered a number of high profile local and international projects including a Client’s Engineer role on Salalah 2 CCGT IPP in Oman, new coal fired power station feasibility studies in Pakistan and Bagladesh and Owners Engineer role on Lynemouth Power Limited biomass conversion project. Please note that this is a FTC position on a full-time basis until December 2017.
Ramboll is internationally recognised as a world leading energy consultancy. We have more than 700 specialists working in energy and power production covering conventional and renewable technologies, wind, solar, combined heat and power and district heating. Our Global Power group has over 200 engineers, including the former Dong Energy thermal engineering team which was acquired in 2011. Our projects have capital values typically in excess of €100M and the demand for our services has given rise to a new opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join and contribute to the company’s role in this market.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Be the single point of contact for the assigned SP in relation to QA/QC delivery.
- Ensures the project contractors are delivering the quality requirements of the contracted works information.
- Functionally support the site Construction Manager and Construction Engineers during project surveillances and offsite FAT activities.
- QA/QC support to the SP Project Manager ensuring the assigned contractor and sub-contractors deliver the requirements of the Works Information.
- Implementation of project quality procedures within the agreed scope.
- Implementation and reporting of Contractor Quality Surveillances assigned in a timely manner.
- Implementation and assigned QMS Audits in a timely manner.
- Attend onsite SATs, periodic inspections and offsite FATs if required and apply due diligence on associated contractor.
- Raise, register and manage all identified defects within the SP using the agreed defect notification process.
- Inform Project Manager, QA/QC Manager, Construction Manager and Commercial Manager of any clear and evidential early warnings.
- Attend and drive weekly quality meetings with the SP Contractor and ensure minutes are reflective on the key topics discussed and agreed.
- Complete any assigned action in a timely and robust manner and ensure SP Contractor is effectively actioning and closing out assigned actions.
- Attend monthly quality management meeting.
- Attend monthly Project Managers meeting with the SP Contractor and ensure quality is being addressed and reported correctly.
- Attends quality related meetings as required with the QA/QC Manager and other members of the project team.
- Reviews and accepts all document deliverables assigned to SP Project Manager as per the agreed workflow when required.
- Engagement with contractor and contractor notified body to ensure that the contractor is delivering the requirements of regulations such as PSSR, PED, ATEX, Machinery Directive and CE Marking.
- Contractor Surveillance Reports.
- QMS Audit Reports.
- FAT / SAT Reports (Where Required).
- Quality Documents / Records Reviews.
- SP Specific – Quality Action Tracker.
- Weekly Dashboard.
- Monthly Written Report.
- Weekly Quality Meetings (MoM).
- Defect Notifications and Registe.
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- IRCA Registered Internal QMS Auditor – QMS 9001:2008.
- Engineering HNC/HND (Civil, Mech or EI).
- 5 Years Quality Engineer.
- Welding / Structural / Mechanical Inspection.
- Power Generation / Oil Gas / Petrochemical.
- Brownfield / Greenfield Project QA/QC.
- Client / Owners Engineer (EPCm).
- Knowledge of Civil, Structural, Welding, Mechanical Equipment, EI (Quality Requirements).
- Life Time Quality Records.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities.
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team in a rapidly growing sector within the UK.
- High level of exposure to international expertise in the sector and opportunity to work on international projects.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.