- Respected Australian-based heavy engineering and construction company
- Kick start your career in construction
- Immediate starts for successful candidates
This full-time opportunity will allow you to complete a Certificate III in Steelfixing via a traineeship of up to 24 months’ duration. You will gain valuable hands-on experience, skills and support and have the potential to secure a long-term career with this industry leading host employer.
Your role will see you assisting and working with tradesmen to learn all aspects of steelfixing including dismantling and assembly of concrete moulds, hand and power tool operation, welding, working with complex mould structures and steel reinforcement assemblies. You will be provided with quality mentoring, support and training from both your host employer and dedicated Migas Field Officer.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for committed and hardworking applicants who have a genuine interest in pursuing a construction career. These roles are highly physical and will require manual tasks in both indoor and outdoor conditions – a good level of physical fitness is a must. Migas is an equal opportunity employer searching for female, male, Indigenous, and entry level applicants.
- Hold a White Card (or be willing to obtain ASAP)
- Hold a current Driver’s Licence with your own transport to and from work
- Be hardworking and willing to learn with a positive attitude
- Be reliable for full-time hours with regular overtime requirements
- Be dedicated to following all WHS policies and procedures
- Be committed to completing and passing all theory and practical training modules
Our premier host employer, based in Tomago, is a multi-disciplined heavy engineering and construction services provider to the oil and gas, metals and minerals, infrastructure and defence markets. They pride themselves on delivering high quality service to their clients and are focused on developing their solid reputation for project delivery, while promoting a positive safety culture, a high expectation for quality and environmental awareness.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role/s. To enquire about this role or other currently advertised positions phone our recruitment team on 1300 464 427.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.