Heavy Industrial background
ORIGIN – AUSTRALIA’S LEADING INTEGRATED ENERGY COMPANY
An integral part of Australia’s energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities – from project management and leadership, to technical and engineering. Working for Origin can take you all over Australia – in the field, as well as in the office – or around the world. With global energy demand growing, Origin is looking for new ways to meet that need and create tomorrow’s energy solutions. It’s an exciting time to be a part of Origin.
Origin Energy’s Power Generation business has an exciting full-time permanent opportunity for a Boilermaker to support maintenance at Eraring Power Station – Australia’s largest power station.
To be considered for this highly sought after opportunity you will need to demonstrate significant heavy industrial maintenance experience (i.e. power generation/mining/steel processing/paper mills or similar).
Excellent working conditions on offer under 9 day fortnight EBA.
This position works in conjunction with Operators and also seeks guidance from other Maintenance Tradespeople, Maintenance Team Leaders, and Maintenance Co-ordinators as required on technical or associated plant matters:
- Diagnosis of faults, testing, investigations and repair of mechanical equipment and systems
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment and systems to maintain Power Station reliability and efficiency
- Breakdown attendance and rectification
- Perform mechanical installations during projects and outages/shutdowns
- Backlog management and prioritisation
- Training and mentoring of junior staff and apprentices
- Strict adherence to all safety requirements and risk management policies
Is This You?
- Boilermaker Trade Qualification (Certificate 3) and Craftsman’s Certificate of Proficiency – essential
- Significant maintenance experience gained in the heavy industrial environment (i.e. power generation/mining/steel processing/paper mills or similar)
- Demonstrated understanding of plant found in power stations – (i.e.: plant operation, equipment, materials and maintenance methods)
- Highly proficient welding skills (alloy steels and no-ferrous metals)
- Pressure welding capability is highly desirable, combined with an understanding of safety requirements for radiography on site
- Understanding of heat treatment and control
- Post Trade pressure welding qualifications 3E 4 (MMA for alloy steel plate and pipe), 5 7 (TIG welding in allow steel pipe) – highly advantageous
- Forklift licence, Confined Space preferred (but not essential)
- Sound knowledge of safety methods as applied in an industrial environment
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
MAKE AN IMPACT ON AUSTRALIA’S ENERGY FUTURE
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.