Engineering Trainee – School Based
- Global company that provides cutting edge products to a range of industries
- Kick start your engineering career
- Fantastic school-based opportunity
This opportunity will allow you to complete a Certificate II in Engineering with a first class engineering business whilst completing your HSC. Each week you will complete one day of on-the-job work experience and also work full-time hours during school holidays, based in Cardiff.
Your role will see you assisting and working with tradesmen to learn all aspects of the engineering trade including CNC machining, assembling components, operating milling machinery, welding and light fabrication. You will be dealing with components for the mining industry such as drill bits, drive adaptors and bottling equipment.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a superstar school student who wants to kick-start their career in the engineering industry. Migas is an equal opportunity employer searching for female, male, Indigenous, and entry level applicants.
- Be a school student enrolling in Year 11 in 2017 and committed to completing your HSC
- Be honest and reliable
- Be hardworking with a positive attitude
- Have a strong desire to learn the engineering trade
- Be dedicated to following all WHS policies and procedures
- Be committed to completing and passing all practical and theory-based training modules
Our premier host employer is Newcastle-based and services a wide range of industries including mining and mineral, aerospace and defence, medical and energy. You’ll get the opportunity to learn from an industry leader in engineering, precision machining, casting and forging, welding and fabrication, assemblies and finishing and quality assurance.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role/s. To enquire about this role or other currently advertised positions phone our recruitment team on 1300 464 427.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.