4 Year Apprenticeship (or earlier dependant on competency-based completion)
Completion Qualification: Certificate III Engineering Fabrication (Heavy Fabrication)
All positions will include interviews, ability testing and a health assessment
Are you looking to start a career in a fabrication trade? As an Engineering Fabrication Apprentice with Newcastle City Council, you will get the opportunity to learn about welding, fabrication, fitting, assembly, metal parts and products. Apprentices work in conjunction with qualified tradespeople, focusing on (including but not limited to) the production of metal (ferrous and non-ferrous) fabricated products such as structures, frames, plate assemblies and pipe-work using tools, welding and thermal cutting equipment and fabrication techniques for council assets.
Engineering fabrication apprentices use a wide range of hand tools, hand held power tools and workshop machines including drills, grinders, clamps, benders and lifting equipment. This is an excellent diverse apprenticeship that will produce a well-rounded knowledgeable engineering fabricator.
To be successful in this job you will have:
- Minimum completion of Year 10 School Certificate or ROSA with satisfactory results including, as a minimum, a pass in General Mathematics, Science and also English
- Able to satisfy basic manual handling and physical health requirements of the position and a willingness to work in an indoor (workshop) and outdoor (on site) environment
- Literacy / numeracy skills and abilities relevant to the position (willingness to undergo aptitude assessment for; language, literacy, numeracy and mechanical aptitude)
- Construction Induction (White Card) or willingness to obtain prior to appointment.
- Ability to work under supervision and as part of team in a fast paced environment
- Ability to develop sound knowledge and understanding of Work Health Safety
- Class C Manual or Provisional Drivers Licence (or able obtain by February 2017)
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
Newcastle City Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here
Application Closing Date: Sunday 29 January 2017
Remuneration: $30,185.56 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 38 hour a week.
For further details please contact Doug Harrison, Building Trades Services Coordinator, Facilities Recreation on (02) 4974 6001